"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Monday, September 12, 2005

Welcome to my my new look!

Many Many Thanks to Darlene over at Chameleon BlogSkins for the new look of "Being God's". I think she captured the feel I have toward God and being a Child of His with the simplicity of a boy sitting on the fence looking out over the heavens. Deep inside his soul, I know he is thinking 'Hey, way cool, God! The way you just make those clouds hang up there is amazing."

Some folks may think I take the Scriptures and theological implications a bit too flippantly, but, I really don't intend that. It's just that I think God wants us to understand it on whatever level we may be at any particular time. He reveals Himself to us in different ways in different times. Didn't Jesus himself tell his disciples to not keep the children away? He wanted them close because He knew their faith was simple and uncluttered by years of education and life. Just love God, love each other, believe in Jesus. Don't get all mired down by denominationalism and legalism and such....just believe, love and lead others to him. And do it all with the wonder of a small child who is simply Being God's.

Thanks, Darlene. There is a link to her site over to the right and I certainly recommend her and her work. She has a sweet spirit for the Lord and a fantastic gift and ability in visual arts and in discernment in how to 'read' between the lines.

Sorry....I'll be posting the demon dog story later in the day or tomorrow. We just got this site moved over today and I just had to thank Darlene and let you all know how excited I was.

Be God's, y'all!

12 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Well, I see you've discovered Darlene, too! Come over and check out my newly decorated blog. Long time, no comment:-)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

PS--as always, nice work, Darlene! She captures the essence of what we're trying to reflect, and I'm so appreciative of her special talents. Take care, Jimmy. See you later!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Jimmy, I read your post and appreciate your comments about my work. It's wonderful to design a blog that draws you into it's pages like yours does. And your draw is simply being God's and your child-like faith. On a previous post you said this,

"Way cool. Totally cool. Sometimes God just blows your socks off, doesn't He? So my friends, this is today's gospel according to Jimmy. Be God's (and risk losing your socks!)

That was the inspiration for this design!

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally like it. When I grow up I want one, too! :-)

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice Jimmy, it is indeed a wonderful design and reflects the spirit of the site quite well.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Jimmy,

I LOVE IT!!!! Darlene, you are so awesome!

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it! Nice work, Darlene!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice look and wonderful job...

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Gee, thanks everybody for the compliments and stopping by to visit. Darlene did the work...I just fill in the empty pages with scribblings. Come again.
Jimmy

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

The new look is perfect.

It is what we call"Look Apart" in Nigeria.

The concept is apt.

Remember what Jesus Christ said about once you set your hands to the plow, you don't look back.

We have to turn our back to all the things pulling us back and look unto God as in Psalm 21.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Jimmy, I know that this has nothing to do with your post.... but I couldn't help myself. I must write my condolences to you on a very tough loss that was suffered in Seattle this afternoon. I really think that if Vick hadn't hurt his hamstring, you would be the one leaving this message on my blog!

Take care.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger shannon said...

Ha ha! I'm with Nance. So sorry for your loss, Jimmy. :)

I LOVE your new look! Darlene is awesome. So glad you dug up that cute pic of you when you were ten, perched on the fence at your Uncle Hank's place, hoping there was peach pie for dessert and thinking about the day you'd be all grown up and wouldn't necessarily have to wear suspenders all the time ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home