"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I'm So Verklempt


According to Dictionary.com - Verklempt is from the Yiddish, "to be overcome with emotion".

I find myself so verklempt after reading Joe's post over at God Even Loves Idiots Like Me. All that I can say is my cup of blessings 'overfloweth' because of friends and family with whom God has blessed me.

Nancy's comment on Joe's blog about being verklempt pretty well summed it up for me and I remembered I had this picture saved on my computer (for what reason, I know not).

Thanks Joe, for the affirming post, the late night instant messages, and even for the cigars the other day (which kept me up sick as a dog most of the night).

Folks out there in Blogland.....be blessed if you have friends and make sure they know it. We are not promised tomorrow and for me it would be so terrible to come to those last minutes with regrets for not telling them (along with never parachuting, swimming with the dolphins, doing mission work, travelling to Africa or even eating a whole box of Swiss Cake Rolls in one sitting ). Don't wait....go make someone verklempt today!

And for today (and thanks again to Joe, the idiot), this is the gospel according to Jimmy.

Be God's!

8 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Joe said...

51, eh?

Well, I can vaguely remember 51.

Anyway, Joe's "tribute" to you was very touching.

I read through some of your work, and I understand what he meant. Good stuff.

 
At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post Jimmy, friends are very important.

BTW, I've been meaning to write something about Murphy but with family and vacations I haven't had time. Check the tree house tomorrow and you should see something.

Take care.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ileana said...

Dear Jimmy,

I've just come from Joe's and it's good to see friends honoring friends...especially the part where you thank Joe on your blog and call him "the idiot." Nice. Good stuff! I'll be back.

God bless!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger shannon said...

Jimmy, just so you know, there wasn't even a SECOND there where I thought that picture of George Burns was you. But it did make me laugh.

And I love the picture you have on this post. So appropriate.

Aren't friends amazing gifts?

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger steve said...

God Bless!

If you get a chance could you please say a prayer for a little girl named "Rebekah" who has cancer. God knows who you will be praying about! Thank you so much!

Trying to rally some good Christian Prayer for her and her family!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Thanks Joe, Donna and Paula for your kind words and for visiting my site. Hope you come back often.

I'll be climbing up to that treehouse soon, OldGuy. Thanks for thinking of Murphy and good luck in those BOTBs. I'm always voting for you, Shannon and JoeB.

Maria, Joe and I are good friends and live about a mile from each other (and if he insists on calling me old, then he is an idiot! haha)

Shannon, what can I say? Many of your writings have made me verklempt, but in a very good way because they touched my heart. You've been the inspiration for me to keep on. I'm now carrying those index cards and working on the becoming more transparent part. I'm thankful to you and Pastor Dave for your witness.

Steve, Rebekah will certainly be in my prayers and in those that read these comments about her. God Bless you for asking intercession on her behalf.

Again...thanks to all of you who have visited both my site and Joes. Now, I would encourage you to visit the others who have commented so far. They are all blessings on their own.
Jimmy

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Jimmy,

I have never met you, but I am honored to be a part of your spiritual family! It sounds like the definition of a true servant! May the Lord continue to bless you richly, my friend in blogland! And by the way, I can relate to the diet thing! I need to lose a few myself!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Hi Jimmy~
Life has been full of challenge and busy-ness, but it's always so good to be able to drop by for a blessing. Your writing always touches me on several levels. Hope you're doing well. I'm thankful to know you!!

Blessings,
Vicki

 

Post a Comment

<< Home