"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And Now, For The Rest of the Story.....

With apologies to Not1Jot (if you understand the scriptural background to his name....you'll catch the humor)..... I give you the Jimmy version of Ephesians 4:11:
"And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, some as evangelists, some as pastors and teachers, and some as support staff for all the above."

So, the day has come and the decision and announcement has been made. Effective September 30, I will be retiring from my current job after 27 years and begin serving as the Assistant to the Minister of Administration of my church. It was not a position that I ever considered and even at the times it was vacant, I was never in a position to retire. However, in recent weeks, the circumstances all worked out in God's time so that when the person currently in the position desired to leave for more family time; that the career I work in currently (Accounting and Financial Management) was brought up in conversations between various staff and God seemed to work it out from there.

It will be a huge change to retire, but the leading of God seemed so strong in this one that I didn't have any doubts or second thoughts about it. That in itself is quite unusual for me....Gideon settled for a couple fleeces being wet or dry. Elijah only needed an earthquake and a storm before he heard God in the stillness. I, on the other hand, usually need a huge engraved personalized banner delivered by a marching band with flags spelling out my name and it helps to have some planes skywriting over my house. But, this time, I knew instantly and without a doubt this was God's plan.

Way cool. Totally cool. Sometimes God just blows your socks off, doesn't He?

So my friends, this is today's gospel according to Jimmy.

Be God's (and risk losing your socks!)

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Funny how things just work out sometimes.

I have enjoyed reading thru your site a bit- and looking forward to checking it out more thoroughly.

See ya tonight!

Christine

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Jimmy, I sent you an email a few days ago, in response to your letter and just found out now that it didn't go through. I've been having the worst email problems in the past little while and its driving me insane. I thought the problem was gone until now, but I guess it's not. I just resent the email via a different method, so if you don't get it by tomorrow, please email me to let me know it didn't go through. Sorry! darlene@chameleonblogskins.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home