"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Thursday, September 01, 2005

I Stand Amazed in His Presence


Dear boys and girls,
Once again I am standing in amazement at what God can do in our lives. For a good many months now, I have been feeling God's leading to retire from my present job because He had a place for me in His work and in His ministry.

Now, being the rather (sometimes) cocky, over confident and A-type personality that I am, I immediately knew what that plan was to be and went about to put it into place. Things progressed along according to "my and God's" plan rather well until about two weeks ago when I received a phone call totally out of the blue which literally blew me away. It was almost as if God himself called me on my cellphone and presented the opportunity for a second career which He had been planning all along without my help or involvement. It was an opportunity totally opposite from what my plans had been. But, I instantly saw God's Hand in this. Wow!

This one event has caused me to realize how amazing God is......how He knows what I need to be doing for His work.....and I really just need to sit back, pray and wait for it all to work. As the verse above from John 15:16: "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit." Or.... Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all your Heart and He will direct your paths."

I'm not at liberty to tell more about this exciting thing because there are other people involved and factors to be worked out, but in the next few days I will be able to share more specifics and you'll see the hand of God. I know beyond a doubt that God has worked this out according to His plan for my life and in His own time....not mine.

Be back shortly with the rest of the story......

Be God's!
Jimmy

6 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ileana said...

This post just spoke to my heart. I love the quotes from John and Proverbs. I really needed this today. Thanks!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

Great news. Will you please ask God to call on my cell and tell me if I am suppose to take the job I've been offered? Thanks.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Sounds great, Jimmy. Long time, no hear. Hope everything works out great. Will come back for the rest of the story.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Jimmy,

I am excited for you!

Jan

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Ron said...

Jimmy,

I had a similar miracle just take place in my life. I will share it with you as well!

Blessings

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

Forget about the new job, I want to know if you went back and got your umbrella.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home