"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Thanks and Updates

It's far too hard to try and thank folks for their kind words and support about things about which I have blogged as well as for their prayers and support for my family during my dad's illness. So, I thought I'd take this post to do the best I could.

Paul, thank you for your always faithfulness to read my sometimes trivial posts and find something in which to compliment. You've got a great gift of encouragement.

Dabbling Mum, even though we are new in blog-visits, I appreciate your visits and comments. Upon looking at your blog and websites, I realize that you certainly are one amazing dabbler and that you would spend the time at "Being God's" is a great compliment.

~Tey~ - hee-hee, I love those little symbols. Thanks for your frequent visits and keeping me accountable to get this book finished.

Mountain Mama, you've been a frequent visitor for quite awhile and I always feel blessed by your comments and your stories. I look forward to keeping up with you.

Present Storm, I've followed your site for a long time and have prayed for you and your family during illness and tough times. Thanks for returning the favor for me and your encouraging words.

Suzii, I also appreciate your constant prayers and complimentary words. It's always a joy to see your name pop up and also to visit your site when I can.

JoeB, what can I say? Since I retired from downtown and you moved from down the street, it has been more difficult to get together. But, I am glad for being in the same church as you and for the times we do get together. Promise that we'll do a Varsity run soon.

DamianQ, still haven't gotten that LCD tv in the bathroom, huh? But, I'm still working on the nerve to get the motorcycle and if the holes in my ears hadn't grown up, I'd stick that earring from my 20's back in.

Shannon, Vicki, Jan - my friends from the beginning of my blogging days. Words are not there to thank you for all the encouragement, all the prayers, all the advice, all the friendship you have given me. Never have we met face to face, but God has blessed me with you three women of God. You have helped me through crises of faith, through the passing of Murphy, and shared the joys I have also experienced. I only hope I could be the same encourager and prayer warrior for you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I know that in a post like this, I run the risk of leaving people out, so just let me say that to all who read and post here, thank you....even if you do not comment. Carmen, Melisa, Karen, Debra, Julie (from the vet office), Tara and others. Thanks for keeping me accountable.

Now, as far as updates go -
My dad is halfway through with his chemotherapy and the doctors have been fairly encouraging about the results in his bloodwork. He still has a long road ahead and has plenty of down and out days from the treatments. Please continue prayers for him and for my mom and brother as they help him during these weeks.

The book is still 'in the works', slowly and surely. I'm working with a proofreader and editor that is helping me make it better, yet still allowing me to keep my personal touches and nuances in place. The cover (front and back) has gone to the publisher along with the copyright page, acknowledgements and the introduction. Most of the main manuscript is ready to go, but it almost scares me to punch that send button because it is such a final sending of something that is such a personal thing away to people who don't really know me. But, I'll get the strength to do so before long.

For now, I'll sign off with one more Thank You. I've got a newspaper article to finish today and a couple adventures to get blogged for your amusement and reading pleasure.

Until later, - Be God's!

Jimmy

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous normaderm vichy precio said...

Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home