"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Monday, February 27, 2006

Prayer request

Hi friends,
Just got word today that my Dad has been diagnosed with Myeloma - a cancer of the bone marrow. He will begin chemotherapy next week.

My Dad is 82 and in great health, so the doctors are optimistic that they can put this into a remission after the chemotherapy. Please pray for my Dad and Mom as they face these next few weeks. It's gonna be a rough one, but I know that God will be with them.

Jimmy

Okay...it's now almost midnight - probably 7 or 8 hours after the above post. I'm not able to sleep. This is the times when being single and living alone really sucks (pardon me, but sometimes it just comes out). I don't even have Murphy around to distract, yet comfort me. I'm worried and scared about (now) both my parents having cancer. My mom has a slow growing form of leukemia (CLL) and even though her tests are still turning out okay, it's still there. And now my dad has cancer again. I'm the oldest of the brood and my role has always been the stoic, hold it all in and keep things together for everyone else in the family. You'll rarely hear me talk about all this, never see me lose control of any emotions and on the surface I handle things very well. But, on the inside I am really really hurting. Even though many of you readers know me, I feel I can be this transparent a little easier in this forum. Don't ask me about this post, because I probably will not want to discuss it....that's just the way I am. Someday, sometime, someplace, I will have my time to let things out, but it's not the time now. I'll probably be a bit more withdrawn and quiet for a season while I get my thoughts and emotions in order and under control, but I will be okay. My God is in control of all situations. He will take care of my family and of me. He will give me the strength when I need it most and the wisdom to know what I must do. He will give me the ability to take care of my parents, brother and sister and then help me to take care of myself when it is time. God, I hate this. I mean, I really hate this.

18 Comments:

At 4:29 AM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Oh, Jimmy!

*hugs*

You're in my heart and in my prayers!

Hang in there...!

Love ya,
RM

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

Jimmy, Sometimes I just want to smack you and tell you maybe God put some of your friends here so you DO NOT have to go through this stuff alone. But after all of these years I have come to know you. And like you said maybe not now but later you can talk about it. When you are ready give me a call. Any time of the day or night. I am there for you. I love you man.
Joe

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Hang in there! You're on my prayers. God Bless you!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

I am praying for you and your dad and I added him to my prayer list on my blog.
Barbara

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Jimmy, I'm praying for you, as I know this must be hard for you. It's a LOT to go through. I've lost both my parents, and each time, it was like a bad dream. But the Lord was faithful.

praying for you,
Vicki

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I am here via Mountain Mama.
I'm so sorry to hear about both your parents. The recent diagnosis for your dad has added more weight and burden. I know it must be terribly difficult.
My FIL (Husband's father) was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma nearly four years ago. He was ill to begin with and has been unable to undergo any chemo. Even still, they have been able to manage his disease well. He has had ups & downs with it, and the disease has progressed slowly. I feel that because your dad will be able to have chemo that he will so even better.
Also, if you go to the comments section of today's blog at my place (dated: March 2), you will find a comment from someone named Miki. She is only 40 and her husband, Scott, has myeloma also. She would be a good resource for you since Scott has been seeking & undergoing various treatments.
I wish you well as you deal with this. The main thing for you to realize, is that you are not alone in dealing with tragedy of this nature.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

My words of comfort for you are those coming from the Holy Spirit... they are not of the human language and are unable to be typed.

In God's Love~
Suzii

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Hi Jimmy,

Just want you to know that you are in my prayers.

I have been through this battle in my life and the Lord was with me each and every step of the way, even when I did not understand, why I had to go through it.

Your Father and Mother will be in my prayers, as will as you my friend, that the Lord will comfort you in only the way He can.

Your brother and fellowservant,

Paul

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

Jimmy I know it is rough and sometimes easy to want to know "why". I have come to realize that God's plan is always so much bigger then our own. I know he has the perfect plan for you and your parents. I pray that you all draw near to him and know how awesome he is. i pray for peace and comfort as you go through this trial. I also am praying for complete supernatural healing for both and for God to get all the glory. God bless you and keep you :)

Stormii

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thoughts are with you, I know it's difficult...

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I was sent here by Mountain Mama, I will pray for your family Jimmy, and yes God is there, He is in control. Take care my brother!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Praying for you.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Jimmy,

I also don't vocalize what is troubling me, I instead blurt it out in a blog.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your parents.

Since I can't hug you in person here is an internet one {{{{hugs}}}}}

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy,

i am so sorry about your parents!! I also know how it feels, you see my dad has terminal brain cancer and i am only 12 so it's really hard for me and my 5 siblings. But i just wrote to tell you your in my prayers!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your parents and the emotions that you are going through at this time. I know how difficult it is cause I just lost my husband in November,05 after a 4 month stay in the hospital because of emphysema. My thoughts are with you. you.

My prayers will be with you and your family. May the Lord give you strength during these trying times and may He bless and give you guidance too. I pray that He will heal your parents and strengthen them also. God bless you all.

Aloha from my family to yours.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Still praying for you, Jimmy.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger donna said...

Praying for you Jimmy.
Donna

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger shannon said...

I'm praying for you and for your parents, Jimmy. You said it best: "He is in control."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home