"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Friday, December 23, 2005

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Dear friends, I wish you all a most blessed Christmas season. Without the birth of our Lord the bond between many of us would not be in place and that bond has been an incredible blessing to me this past year.

You have encouraged me by comments left and knowing that some one thing I might have said made a difference for you. Even if you never left a comment, it has been a support to just know that many of you take the time to drop by for a visit and a quick read.

Being God's has been online a little over a year and I would not trade the friends I have made and the joy of being invited into your lives for anything in this world. Friends like JoeB, Vicki, Jan and Shannon were encouraging to me in the very beginning and I wish there were words to express the appreciation I have for each of them.

This past year has brought a lot of change into my life....retirement, the death of my wonderful dog and companion Murphy, a major car accident in which God spared me from serious injury or death, a new job, a gig writing for a local newspaper and now, a book deal. However, through it all the constant has been God. His faithfulness during my times of unfaithfulness; His Love during my times of feeling very unloved; His strength during the times when I felt so weak; and as you all experienced....His Words when I had no words to write.

From my heart to yours, thank you and may God bless you and keep you...may His face shine on you and give you peace, love and hope.

Jimmy

6 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Jimmy,

You have had a very full year, and from reading the abbreviated version, a very good year, except for losing your good pal Murphy. You have given a lot of encouragement, lots of laughter and a few tears to your readers. I look forward to seeing how God will use you in 2006. May it be a blessed year for you.

Jan

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Refreshment in Refuge said...

Except for Murphy, you have had a great year! A book deal... how cool that is. Keep up the great blogging!

But don't read your Bible while doing 65 MPH... not safe, man, not safe! Really.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

"His faithfulness during my times of unfaithfulness; His Love during my times of feeling very unloved; His strength during the times when I felt so weak; and as you all experienced....His Words when I had no words to write.".......If only I could be reminded of this......every moment of every day. May I add this statement to my blog somewhere??(from the heart of Jimmy... of course)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Jimmy, thanks a lot for leaving that note of encouragement at my blog tonight. I don't know what's happening to me. Let's pray it's just hormones, but I can't keep going like this.

hugs,
V.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Jimmy,
Glad I found your blog. Congratulations on that book contract. Wow! May God bless you in 2006.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Jimmy! Where have I been?? A book deal? I'm so proud of you! I'm going to have to search your archives and read about it. How exciting!

I have so appreciated getting to know you over this last year. You have blessed me more than I can express. I hope one day, you leave the south and come north for a visit.

I love what you said about the fact that without Christ, the bond so many of us share wouldn't be there at all. Very well said.

May God bless you beyond your expectations this year, Jimmy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home