"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Check One More Off the List

Lists, lists, lists. Folks live them, make them endlessly, hate them, avoid them and they generate all types of emotions. As for me, I usually have some type of list stuck in a pocket or in my backpack so that I'll know what to pick up at the grocery store. There's a list somewhere on my desk at work with my 'to do' stuff on it and usually with a number of priority assigned. If you look closely at home, you'll also find a list of home and yard projects to do during the upcoming season. Admittedly, I tend to get a bit obsessed with my list-making, but they are a big help to me in planning out my days and weeks ahead.

Now, I think we all have some type of list of things which we'd like to accomplish in our lives. It may be extreme activities like bungee jumps or sky diving, or it may be equally importantly list to be a good parent and role model.

Two of the things that have been on my "do before I die" have now been checked off. One of those items was done about 15 years ago which was to record an album (not a CD, not a cassette, but those old vinyl LP albums). I've always been a musician and loved the gift God gave me of music, so the time and opportunity presented itself to record an album with several friends of mine.

Another item on the list came to pass yesterday (Friday) at 9:38 a.m. (EST). I signed an agreement with a publishing house for "Being God's" to go into print. If all goes well and if I can keep on schedule, my book (whoa, that sounds sooo bizarre), will be out mid to late summer of 2006. But, regardless of the exact date, it will definitely be out for you to give to all your friends and neighbors for Christmas next year. Hey...I gotta start marketing now, there's a whole lot of money and effort involved here.

For those of you who have published before, you know what lies ahead of me and I ask your prayers for patience during the editing and rewrites, for enduring sleepless nights and being able to keep my day job, and for the creative juices to flow as never before.

For those of you who just visit "Being God's" here on the internet, pray that many of the articles and writings you've read here and others that have not been blogged, will be a blessing to at least someone somewhere. Even though I am proud and excited about this new adventure, I only want to be able to share what God has done for me and what He was taught me to be used as an encouragement for others. It isn't about me, it's about God.

So, my friends, because of the encouragement and pressure I've received from many of you, I'm taking this next step. And we all know what new adventures bring to me....strange and odd things which somehow God helps me turn into a blog, so stay tuned.

And so for today (and tomorrow), this has been the gospel according to Jimmy.

6 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Jimmy!!! A book is awesome! You know I will so totally buy one, even though you forgot to say hey to me at lunch yesterday... (hehe, Just kidding!)

Hope your day went well!

~D~

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jimmy

Just dropped in to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, hope the holidays are good to you.

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations Jimmy!!! Count me in as a purchasurer (is that a word?) of your book when it is published! You should let Shannon know of your adventure, she has been down that road and can probably give you much encouragement! I will definitely be praying for you.

I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas Jimmy.

God Bless.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Vicki said...

Merry Christmas, Jimmy. You seem to get more done than three of me!! I'll be praying for your book-in-progress.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Thanks all for your kind words and support. I'm looking forward to 2006 and seeing how God blesses each of you!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Jimmy

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger shannon said...

I am just so happy for you, Jimmy. I want to buy the first one. :) Well, okay, the first one will go to your mother, but I'm in line for book two.

Keep us posted. And when you hit those "what have I gotten myself into" tizzies, write me and I'll talk you through it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home