"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Quick Respite

[See previous post about Youth Choir Tour]
Shhh, I don't want them to hear me. They think they are doing a funny trick on Mr. Jimmy by locking me in the room safe, but the joke is on them. As long as I am in here, I am away from them...in a nice quiet place. It's a bit dark and since I had to scrunch up like a circus freak to get in here I am having to type with my toes, but still, I have a few moments of solitude.
They thought it was so funny to throw some of my M&M's into the safe to entice me in here, but....wait, I hear them out there seeing if I am trying to break out.

Okay, whew! They've gone back to doing unimaginable things to my bed, my clothes and anything else that isn't bolted down. I'm sure if and when I get out of here, I will find my pillows floating in the tub, my Scooby-Doo crammed in the showerhead with Mardi Gras beads around his neck, various bug and creature parts in the sheets and who knows where my boxers will end up.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you all know that for now, things are going quite normal. Actually, it took longer to lock me in the safe this year than normal. It only took an hour for them to get Gabe in the dryer for an hour fluff-dry. At least I lasted for two and a half days.

I'm sure they'll be back shortly to start poking things through the little slot and some of it will probably involve fire and more insects. So, until I get out and return home, I'd better sign off for now. I see something coming through the slot as I type........

4 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

Jimmy,
Things are NEVER quite normal with you around.
Joe

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Jimmy,

Be glad that the hotels put a safe in the room these days, who knows where you would've ended up without it!!

I will pray for more M & M's for you :)

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Jimmy,

Well, at least Murphy isn't being blamed for this escapade!

Seriously, hope you are enjoying the peace and quiet of the dark safe.

Jan

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger shannon said...

Oh, Jimmy ... your "scrunched like a circus freak" made me laugh out loud. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home