"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

And So It Begins Again

Hi all,
Just so you won't worry about where I've been for a few days.....my classes started back this week (Christian Apologetics TH535) and it took some time to get myself geared back up to the routine of studying and such. It looks to be a very good class and will involve a good deal of time, but, not to worry -- I shall be a faithful steward of my blogging, also.

People ask me why I am taking seminary classes on top of all the other things I am involved in at work and church. I guess the simplest and most concise answer would be that it is something that God has led me to do and I ignored it for too many years. The scriptures and history of the Christian faith is a fascination of mine and I firmly believe that if I am to be a "well equipped believer", that this furtherance of my education is what I must do. Plus, I have always heard that keeping your mind alert by learning new things as we get older is a good thing. Sometimes I wonder what idiot said that, but hopefully it is true.

I may re-enter the full time ministry at some point, only God knows that. But, the education process is what I am seeking. Through it, I have come to know more about my own beliefs and it has enabled me to draw nearer to God in my personal walk.

My family and friends know that I get rather grumpy and snarky at times when too many things are on my plate, but they have always been understanding. I do thank them for their encouragement and support. The only one I feel sorry for and try to make it up to is Murphy. He will only take so much of my computer time, then I'll hear a little growl from somewhere in the room. If I ignore it long enough, it will usually erupt into a snarl and a terrier head butt on my kneecap. So, Murph, I promise to give you the quality time you deserve. With a wireless router this semester, I can spend more sofa time where you can sit, watch and lick. (Yes, I have a dog that cannot hold his licker). But, I only ask that you make yourself useful and correct my spelling and grammar when you notice that I got it wrong. What's that? Oh, sorry...but the Murphy stories will have to settle for other venues than my school research papers. I'm not sure how they will fit into the work of Peter, Paul and the other guys.

So, friends, the fun begins and I look forward to a summer of learning how to defend and protect my (our) faith. I look forward to those days by the pool or at the beach tapping away on my laptop looking out over the ocean and revelling in all of God's creation.

Is there something you've been putting off that you can do for God? Teaching a Bible Study class? Working with children? Learning a musical instrument which could be used to lead worship? Perhaps a mission endeavor in your hometown or away? Taking a class for your own enjoyment and edification? You know what it is and you don't want me to publish on here for all the world to see. Pray about it, seek God's will, then just DO it!

And for today my friends, this is the gospel according to Jimmy.

Be God's!

6 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

Jimmy,
You, grumpy and snarky? I would have never noticed. You MUST be talking about someone else. Grumpy and snarky, I have never heard of such a thing. Those words and the name Jimmy should never be in the same sentence.

Oh wait, please MR. Jimmy, don't yell at me, I was only kidding.
HAHA I really was kidding. Let me know if I can help you in any way. If you need someone to walk Murphy while you are doing your school work just give me a call.

One thing though, I know you are busy but are we going to have our picnic this summer, you know the one you cancelled 12 times last year?
Just wondering, Joe

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

and I thought I was snarky......
Jimmy

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger JOE B said...

I know you know I was only being sarcastic. I just hope everyone else figures it out.
Besides, your Snarky, I'm Hutch. I can't believe I just said that.
I know, I know, that was really bad, but hey it was the best I could think of in such a short amount of time.
Now that all of the joking is out of the way, I forgot to tell you how much I really did like your post. (And that is not a sarcastic remark.
Love ya man,
Joe

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

Glad your back. Yes, your are busy...but for good purposes.

Keep us posted :)

Layla

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Hope you enjoy your apologetics class and your other endeavors.. :)
Blessings..

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Pikkel Weezel said...

Hey neighbor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home