"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

An Unexpected Day

In Honor and Memory of Mr. Gene Wheeler (44) who so unexpectedly passed away today while enjoying time at the lake with his family. A fine Christian man, a husband and father, a Deacon, Sunday School teacher, a friend and a man who would do anything for our church and for God's Kingdom, never looking for credit to himself. I'm sorry he is gone from our church family, but know that he is with God. Please be in prayer for his wife and daughters as well as the rest of their family. See you soon, Mr. Gene, and thanks for helping me pick out the right battery for the church van that day and stopping me from hooking the red to the black. Otherwise, I might have beaten you home.

Jimmy

3 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Hi Jimmy-
Thanks for your thoughts & prayers. I'll mark ya on my faves and check in on you. :)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Q said...

Sorry to hear that.
Although I am not religious myself, I do hope that he would enjoy his Eternal Life somewhere happily.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger shannon said...

I'll say a prayer for the family.

You really are such a good writer, Jimmy. I like your succinctness and your understated humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home