"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Congratulations Class of 2005!

To the class of 2005 from Salem Baptist Church....may God hold you and keep you, make His face to shine upon you and give you peace. And a special shout out to:

Luke - I so thoroughly enjoyed our theological discussions each Monday at Chick-fil-a. You made me think a lot, but someday you'll realize that I was always right. Best of luck at Kaleo and as you prepare for the ministry in coming years.

Colt - The coolest guy I know with the coolest car. If nothing else, you wil have a career as a video expert in almost any area of study. You could probably even fool a jury if you hired out as a court expert. Just stay away from trying out for lifeguard.

Douglas - Hopefully, someday, you will learn to urinate in a cup in the back of a moving van without...well.... hopefully you'll just learn to do that. Keep that kicking foot strong, my boy!

James - Someday you may wake up to find a clown standing over you and it isn't me. Just thought I should warn you. And, the next time you decide to dance around in your nakedness at camp, make sure the blinds are shut, dude!

Billy - Never again do I hope to wake up with you standing over me trying to stuff a dirty sweat sock in my mouth at 3:00 a.m. I don't think I'll go into any more details. See you at another Acquire the Fire someday, my friend.

Maria, Bethany and Ivey - Ladies, I owe you a major good prank on the guys since everytime I tried to help you, we got caught. I honestly never sold you out, so I will still be waiting and watching on your behalf. You three young ladies are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside. That beauty comes from your love for God and I'm thankful for being able to see that in you.

I love you all more than chocolate-chip-cookie-dough ice cream and I want to thank you for letting this old man be a part of your lives these past few years. You have made a difference in my life. Always remember that our God is stronger than anything you'll face as you start a new chapter in your lives. You have had a special beginning here at Salem and I am excited to see you enter the world and make a difference in God's name. Go and Be God's!

"And friends are friends forever, if the Lord is Lord of them. And a friend cannot say never, cause the welcome never ends. Though it's hard to see you go, in the Father's Hand we know; that a lifetime's not too long to live as friends." (Michael W. Smith, "Friends Forever" Salem Youth Choir Tour 2005)

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Hi

My name is Kristy and I am a christian as well. I stumbled across your site and I was very blessed to read your blogs. I also have a blog at http://kristyslivejournal.blogspot.com/

I'm not having as much success as you in my Christian walk at the moment however, but I'm doing all the 'good' things, it's just my relationship with God that's not there(which is the main thing), so it was encouraging to read your blog. Keep up the good work. Feel free to visit my Blog leave comments on anything you wish.

Thanks Jimmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home