"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

As my Lenten season continues, I thought I would share some verses with you that are an important part of my life. Naturally, there is not room to list all my "favorites," however the following have special meaning.
**********************************************

Joshua 24:15: “Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve….as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

Deuteronomy 6:4-7: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, The Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God will all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. These words that I command you shall be in your heart. You shall teach them to your children, and shall talk of them when you are in your house, when you walk in the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.”

Psalm 46:10: “Be still and know that I am God.”

Psalm 46:1-3: “The Lord is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.”

1 Peter 5:6-7: “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you.”

Revelation 21:3-4: “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes; there shall be will be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There will be no more pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Micah 6:8: “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?”

Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for evil; to give you a future and a hope.”

Isaiah: 41:10: “Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and I will help you. I will hold you in my righteous right hand.”

Isaiah: 43:2-3: “When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, nor will the flames scorch you. I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes on Him will not perish, but have eternal life.”

Philippians 4:6: “Don’t worry about any, instead, pray about everything.”

2 Timothy 3:16: “All scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work.”

Romans 8:37: “In all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home