"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Monday, January 03, 2005

Will This Day Ever End?

"Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.........in Christ we who are many form one body and each member belongs to all the others. " (Romans 12:3-4)

"As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, 'I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, 'I don't need you!' ......there should be no division in the body, but that it's parts should have equal concern for each other." (I Corinthians 12:19b-21, 24)

"Can't we all just get along?" (Rodney King)

***************************************************
Today I am ticked. Frustrated. Aggravated. Angry. Just plain mad. Do you hate it when people make decisions that affect you, but they don't consider you? Even when you have asked to be considered in the decision process? Do you hate it when you feel like a pawn between those in authority over you? Do you hate it when you don't feel free to do what you feel God is leading you to do because of human situations out of your control?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above then you know how my day went. The day began fairly well, but rapidly progressed downhill as I seemed to lose more and more power over my own life.
Ya know... the whole "This just isn't fair" type thing. And, please don't remind me that Moses did not bring down the 11th commandment that said "Life Is Fair" or I might just run screaming into the night.

Yep, this is a poor pitiful me day. They come along very very rarely, but I've got a good one going now. Thank goodness it is almost over and tomorrow will be better. If God works like He usually does with me, my devotional topic tonight will surely be one to knock me over the head and get my attitude back in line. I will certainly be claiming His promise in Isaiah 43:2-3a to always be with us in the most difficult of times.


"Father, calm my spirit, heart, head (and stomach) during this time of stress. I know without a doubt that You are in control and that You only want the best for me, but it's hard to see that when things are so wild. Please use this time to help me grow stronger in my faith and trust in You and to not depend as much on the attitudes and words of mankind. You know the path in which You have called me and the place I am to be. Lead me in Your direction, open the doors as the time becomes right and give me the patience to wait upon You."

In Jesus' name, Amen.

Take courage, all....Be Strong in the Lord!

Be God's,
Jimmy

3 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Howdim said...

Dear Jimmy,

Tough days come, but God said, " I will never leave you nor forsake you." "Be strong and of good courage".

"Jesus said "I am the vine you are the branches. Abide in Me" "Without Me you can do nothing".

I know what tough times are. I've been through many.

You can read some of what the Lord has taught me and some of my experiences on my blog spot. www.dymoke. blogspot.com.

Love,
Howard

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Hi, Jimmy,

Just wanted to say you have touched on a subject dear to most anyone's heart. Sometimes life seems to be out of control, or at least out of our own control - no matter what our age! How wonderful to have a faith to hang on to during those times.

Keep the faith,
Jan

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

Jimmy...
Can I borrow this prayer? Please?

"Father, calm my spirit, heart, head (and stomach) during this time of stress. I know without a doubt that You are in control and that You only want the best for me, but it's hard to see that when things are so wild. Please use this time to help me grow stronger in my faith and trust in You and to not depend as much on the attitudes and words of mankind. You know the path in which You have called me and the place I am to be. Lead me in Your direction, open the doors as the time becomes right and give me the patience to wait upon You."

In Jesus' name, Amen.

You have an awesome way with words. I have decided to be inspired by every post you have written. I started at the very first. I am in need of uplifting... and I am finding that in your words. Thank you for being bold enough to share with others. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home