"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

I'm officially old.....

Welp, I guess I'm officially an old man now. I've been making the old man noises for some time now when I stand up, sit down, lean over, and especially when I get out of bed. If I sit down for over five minutes, I fall asleep. I have different levels of reading glasses depending on what I'm trying to do. And, I'm not even going to talk about the loss of hair on my head. And now, today, this very morning....I went to the grocery store and some young idiot clerk came sidling up to me and discreetly said, "Sir, your zipper is down." 

Great! I'd been to the bank, to the gas station, and now the grocery store flashing everyone I met. At least I had on my nicest and colorful pair of boxers. So, after a discreet zip-up behind the bakery displays, I went my merry way. 

By the time I got home, I was laughing at the whole adventure, figuring that I'm at least glad to have lived long enough to experience all this. It's been a good life, despite the ups and downs, and have known all along that God was in the midst of the good and the bad. Even when I'm unintentionally indiscreet in the Kroger store. And the BP station. And in the bank. And thankful that young guy who warned me before I went to work this afternoon.

Be glad and joyful for whatever state/stage of life you are in. God has given you a sense of humor to enjoy it.

And for today my friends, this has been the gospel according to Jimmy.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home