"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, February 27, 2016

It's good to be home


Way back when I began "Being God's," it was my release, my therapy, my way of indulging my attempts at writing. Then, after awhile, it just became a natural thing to do and was fun. A place where I could ramble on and on about my opinions and life. In the heyday of "Being God's," I had a lot of followers and made some good friends, some until this very day. 
  
  Then came Facebook, and I began to post more and more there with a wider and wider audience and the majority of folks enjoyed it. But, over the years, I neglected my first love...this blog. And. I missed it. However, my natural tendency to be transparent and tell what was going on in my life began to concern some people, they turned against me and, despite my apologies for any harm, I lost some friends. So, I made the decision to come home to here and distance myself from so much Facebook time.

  My name is Jimmy Cochran, a follower of Christ, I attend a Baptist church, but feel I am more nondenominational. I have dealt with anxiety and depression since I was diagnosed in my mid-20's and have had many really bad, but more good days. A year ago-ish, I was also diagnosed with PTSD due to verbal and emotional abuse that has been heaped on me by former bosses and some (aforementioned) friends. But, God has been faithful to lead me to the right doctors and therapists and the right medications to live happily again.

  As I write here, I reflect on so much of my personal past contained on these pages and also look forward to many days ahead to write about. For those of you who may be drifting here from my FB page, you'll see things here that are not there. 

  So, as I begin here again, I feel good to be back. To have a safer place to share what's going on in the life of a single guy trying his best to live for Christ. 

Be God's!
Jimmy

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger CWMartin said...

The last time you were here, things weren't looking so good. I have been praying for you, and I am very happy to read you okay, and upbeat. Praise be to God, who is greater than man's flaws!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Thanks, CW. I'm doing remarkably better. I have had a good therapist that helped me work through a lot of crap and I've learned how to take my life back and not give others the power over my feelings. Good to hear from you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home