"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lent - Day 11 Saturday March 19

“In His time, in His time, He makes all things beautiful, in His time. Lord please show me every day as you’re teaching me Your way, that you’ll do just what you say, in Your time.
In Your time, in Your time, You make all things beautiful, in Your time. Lord, my life to you I bring, may each song I have to sing, be to You a lovely thing in Your time.” ~ Praise chorus

For about nine months now, I have been working on simplifying my life. Looking for those things that cause me to stress and withdraw from a 100% committed walk with God. If you haven’t read any of my “Simplifying” articles, I was feeling a need to slow down, spend more time in God’s word, more time with family, more time for friends, more time with in-depth Bible study – personal and corporate. Along the way, there were changes that have helped this to happen….but, somehow over the past couple of months, I was back to the hectic, crazed, stress-filled days of the past.

As a result of my simplifying process and in accordance with my personal journey during this Lenten season, I took a major….and I mean major step of faith yesterday. I quit a job. Yep, resigned. Adios. Au revoir. Auf Wiedersehn. I slept better last night that I have in a long, long time. Without going into details of the why and such, it was a move long overdue and God gave me the strength to do it. I trust Him to account for some loss of income, but I have no worries about it. He will provide for me and my family. He has promised that if I live according to His Will and follow His ways, I do not need to worry. You know…the whole sparrows and lilies of the field thing. And….the remarkable thing….especially for me…is that I have not a single worry nor regret. I know my world will be better. Happier. Less Drama. I am still rather astounded at what has transpired over the past 24 hours that I never saw coming. A true God-wink.

I may be looking for something part-time to do in the next months (I’m still at the Library part-time), but God will be leading me into His place for me. Now folks, that’s exciting for me. I have always tended to rush ahead of God in some things and it’s usually gotten me into a mess. Not doing that anymore.

Are there areas of your life where you need to simplify and make changes so that you can actually hear that still, small voice of God? It isn’t easy to make the changes necessary, but if you ask God (before jumping) first, then trust His leading.

Use these next few weeks to examine your life and how you might calm your busy world. How you might have more time for God, His people, and those dear to you. How your overall attitude might be helped. I’m praying for you as you do this.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home