"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Baby has been born!

Finally, after 13 months, many frustrating nights and days, a whole lot of bad moods, many more all-nighters, close to ten additional pounds due to ice cream, potato chips and chocolate anything.....Being God's: A Single Guy's Walk with God if finally completed and published. All I can say is "whew" and a heck of a big "WAHOO!". My camera is out of batteries, so I can't get a picture posted tonight, but I will in the next day or two, so stay tuned.

Right now, it is only available for purchase through the publisher, Xlibris.com, but in another few weeks it will be on Amazon.com, Borders.com, and other online booksellers. At first, I was too excited to actually hold it in my hand (you were right, Shannon!), but now it is actually sinking in that I have actually published a book and someone, somewhere might actually buy it.

So far, I am scheduling a couple book signings around town and a local writers Guild will be helping me to market it, too. But, otherwise, I'll be tromping around town trying to sell Being God's to locals and other places. The publishers supposedly send the media release to over 200 outlets around Atlanta and 300 additional ones around the country, so hopefully, some library or book store will pick it up.

As for me, I'm a proud papa and am spending this time of euphoria to plan more of a marketing strategy. Any ideas? I'm always glad (and available) to come to your state, church, school, convention, whatever to speak and set up a table.

In all sincerity, if it wasn't for all you people who had faithful read this blog and commented in how it touched you or encouraged you through a difficult time, this book may have never come to pass. For your faithfulness and support, I thank you. However, I especially give thanks to my Father above who has loved me and supported me through the good times and the bad; who has taught me lessons through Murphy, through the trampy guppy (who is STILL popping out the babys), and through things I see most everyday. God is Good all the time and without Him, I would be nothing.

On a lighter note, I have discovered that publishing a book is a lot like getting your first tattoo. It doesn't take long before you find yourself longing for another. So, my notebook and pen are staying close by.

And for today, this has been the gospel according to Jimmy.

6 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Blogger Hillary said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting! :D :D :D

And welcome back to the blog! After being away so long, then three posts in one day, lucky us!

That really is so great about your book! I'll have to check it out once it comes on Amazon! Maybe even buy a copy! :)

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Hi Jimmy!

Wow - this is great! I was wondering what you've been up to since that last post in November!

I'm so, so, SO glad to hear the book is finished! Congratulations on it. I pray that the book will be a blessing to many! :)

Good luck with the house, too. I think it's great that your family is coming full circle again under one roof. As much as family can drive us nuts sometimes, in the end they are the ones who keep us honest and who made us who we are!

I missed your posts. I'd say "welcome back to blogging" too, except I think you might have your hands full promoting the new book! :)

Continued blessings,
RM

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Tracy S said...

That is awesome Jimmy. I will have to pick me up one of those. I know your blog has inspired me on many occasions. Congrats!!!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger ~Suzii~ said...

I bow in honor and complete admiration! I think I have a new book to purchase!!! Your success brings new life and a renewed hope to the deepest desire of my heart. The fire of a dream still burns in my soul... and faith is believing in things unseen... right? God bless you Jimmy on your success and thank you for sharing and being an inspiration!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there

Congratulations..I hope you could be a good father ;)


Cheers

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger shannon said...

Jimmy! I was so excited to actually hold your book in my hands! It's beautiful ... I'm so proud of you. And it was nice to finally see who "Jimmy" is. Great picture! You should post one on your blog.

Thanks so much for the copy--I know you've got a lot on your mind. I appreciate you thinking of me.

Let me know how the marketing goes! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home