"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Free at Last!

Well, dear friends, my Dad is finally at peace and has gone to be with his God. It's 2am on Saturday morning here in Atlanta and he passed away around midnight at the hospice. They called our family to come in, so we drove over to say 'goodbye for now, but we'll see you soon" and I'm now back at home.

Dad had a peaceful, easy transition....the kind we all hope for. He had been back in a coma for a couple days, gently asleep, and the nurse who was with him told us that he just simply took one more breath and slipped quietly into death where God was waiting for Him with arms open wide with Love.

As soon as I can find the picture I want, I'll be posting it with this article so all can see the man who (for better or worse) made me the man I am.

I thank you all for your continued prayers, thoughts and support for my family in the coming days. It will probably be a few days before I can get my creative juices flowing, but I will definitely be back soon and will be making up for lost time.

Be God's!

8 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Jimmy,

I imagine you are partly relieved your dad is at peace - no more pain - but it hurts to say good-bye, even good-bye for now. May your family be blessed with much laughter over happy memories, even in the midst of your tears.

Jan

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger ramblingmuse said...

May the Lord provide you with the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Lifitng you and your family up in prayer,
RM

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are sad, relieved and a million other things. I will pray for you and your family. May God bless you all and give you peace.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Jimmy,

Just want you to know that your family and you will continue to be in my prayers.

It is good to know your father rest's in the arms of the Lord now. We miss our love ones, but it is good to know that there will be a day we will reunite.

Your brother and fellowservant,

Paul

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger JEH22 said...

Jimmy:

Carolyn and I wish you the best. It's been a tough road the past few months and it hurts, regardless of your spiritual perspective and how long you had to prepare. God bless you.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger shannon said...

I'm praying for you today, Jimmy. God is good to have given your dad such a peaceful transition. Life is just a breath ... but eternity is forever. I'm looking forward to meeting your dad.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Jimmy,

It has been awhile since I visited your blog (or anyone's for that matter). You and your family are in my prayers and like Shannon, I am looking forward to meeting your Dad. He sounds like a great man.

Take Care

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

I was so saddened to hear of your father's death, but trusting the Lord is giving grace to sustain you in this time. Please do post a picture of him when you can. My prayers for you and your mom. {{Hugs}} Several friends have lost a parent lately, and it's caused many memories to surface around losing my own mother and father. God bless you, my brother. Thinking of you and praying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home