"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Advent Day 4 - Wednesday, November 30

“When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.” (Matthew 2:10-11)

Yesterday (November 29) was my birthday. It has always been a source of encouragement to my writing that I share a birthday with Louisa May Alcott, one of my favorite authors. We have both written that it seems appropriate that we were born in a gloomy, gray, unpredictable month since I feel my life runs the same gamut at times. Somedays, I feel like it is bright, sunny and in the 70’s; other days, cold, bitter, windy and in the 30’s. Kinda true about November, isn’t it.

Not being a believer in astrology, horror-scopes and all those things, I don’t really know what the characteristics are for a Sagittarius, but I do know that I have always sought for something more. Something bigger. Something that includes my name in lights and has me being interviewed by Diane Sawyer. To this day, I know without a doubt, that I could appear in a Broadway musical just as easily as I could win a Nobel Prize for Writing. There is a star out there with my name on it that I am constantly following. Perhaps even on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

However, besides the star of ‘my hopeful fame,’ there is a much more important Star that I follow in my life. The same star that led the Shepherds and the Magi over 2,000 years ago. The same star that came to shine over Bethlehem. Over Jesus’ birth. Over the Saviour. My Saviour. Without that Star my life would have absolutely no direction or meaning. If it means all I do for the rest of my days is to plunk away on a piano keyboard for a church, or click away on a computer keyboard writing my journals and thoughts down to share with others, then that is okay with me. As long as I can do what I do for God’s glory, then I’m accomplishing more than starring in the largest Broadway show or winning the largest journalism award in the world. I will give all I have to Him. Will You?


(But, could I still get that Diane Sawyer interview, please?….)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home