"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Sunday, April 06, 2014

Lent Day 34 - Monday

 “So that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth. And every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”  (Philippians 2:10-11)

  As happens to us all at times, Satan has been throwing his best shots at me the past couple of days. Feelings of stress over what I perceive as so much needing to be done, anxiety overwhelming most of the waking day, the pointlessness of trying to keep up with writing daily, a couple major decisions needing to be made, feeling the unreal and unmet expectations that (I think) other people put on me….and that I certainly put on myself. It is just one of those times when I at least know that it is the ‘dark one’ trying his best to worm himself into my life and defeat me. That’s one advantage to age and maturity; at least it becomes easier to recognize than when you are a teenager or young adult. But, that doesn’t make the struggle any easier.

  I have found myself questioning a lot the past couple of days. Not in a spiritual sense, but what good am I doing on this earth? I’m tired…oh, so tired….and, to be honest, I’m continuing to type these thoughts only because I hate the thought of giving up something I promised myself to carry to completion.

  Friends and readers let me encourage you to recognize when Satan is working against the good you attempt to do. It is a rough experience and can easily defeat you. The emotions that he throws at you will wear you down and cause you to question yourself and the good works you do. That’s what I’m feeling today.

  But. There. Is. Hope.  Because I just happened across a scripture this morning that is so powerful and so promising and so great. That is the verse at the top. Our God, Our Saviour, Our Holy Spirit will someday reveal himself to the world and they WILL be bowing down and proclaiming Him LORD. GOD. SAVIOR. JEHOVAH.

  I can do no less each day as I go about my rather mundane world. From past experience, I know that by holding fast to God’s power, strength, and promises to me, these days of provoking by the evil one will pass. But, for now, I struggle. Pray for me as I pray for you as you encounter these days. No one is immune. They will come. But, we have the hope. Peace go with you.

And for today my friends, this has been the gospel according to Jimmy. Blessed be the Name of the LORD!

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger CWMartin said...

You should stop by Tilting at Windmills and see yesterday's Sunday Message. I think we've been in similar straits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home