"Preach the gospel at all times, if necessary use words." - St. Francis of Assisi

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lent Day 9 - Thursday

"God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble.”  (Psalm 46:1)
 
  Today’s thoughts began early today and were almost complete when my sails were knocked for a loop. Because of the public forum, I cannot go into any details; however, I had made a stand for Christ and my beliefs awhile back and refused to stand down. This caused some ripples which led to Bigger ripples which finally led to a series of rather Large Waves. I had to stand by what I believe God was telling me and that led to some actions which were not well received by other individuals. So….anyway, around lunchtime today, I received an email which was rather harsh and ultimately stated that “you obviously are not who you say you are and must not believe what you write in your own religion writings.”

  Folks, that one statement devastated me. I am human. I make mistakes. Big ones, at times. Sometimes my mouth gets me in trouble, but I have dealt with that issue a number of years ago. I honestly try to live by James 1:19, to be “be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry.” I take my writing very seriously and try to only do what God wants me to do. But, this unwarranted slam kinda sent me into a spin. In my head I know it isn’t true, but my heart was seriously hurt.

  I also know that when we are doing God’s work, that Satan takes every opportunity to try and defeat us. Using our own emotions. Using other people. Using life circumstances. Using anything possible that he knows will stop us. And even though I know all the verses about the armor of God, somehow when the arrow and spears come at you and pierce your heart, it’s hard to remember that. Or, maybe I’m not as mature a Christian as I think. I have learned that there are those who would agree that I’m not.

  So, for today, I am attempting to pray for these people and that God will open their heart to His love and to His understanding and peace. As for me, I’ve spent enough time in licking my wounds and am picking myself up in God’s strength to keep going.

  My words for today are for you to always be on guard when following God. And be aware that Satan is going to do his best to destroy your efforts, using the sneakiest of means that are hard to recognize. However, when the hurt comes, God is your refuge and strength. Your help. Your hiding place. Your reason to keep going. I’m praying for you as the storm buffet you while following God. I pray that you will always feel His presence.

  Okay, enough of this. I’ve got a day of more important things to do for God rather than letting Satan keep me down.
 

And for today my friends, this has been the rather emotional gospel according to Jimmy. Blessed be the name of the LORD!

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger CWMartin said...

Jimmy, I fight things like this on FB all the time. I give it a little more rope than deserved, and then just give it to God. After posting blogs like yesterday's "You argue like a liberal". Don't let them get to you. The only one that need tell you you're wrong is God. And He will, if warranted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home